Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bye Bye Break

Maia:
Hidden:

Okay, so this Spring break I didn't do anything productive academically apart from my 2nd concentration piece of March. I think I might be able to go to SFAI! They might just have given me enough money to pull it off! I'm really excited but am still considering CCA, MICA, Alfred, and Cal Arts. Oh, and I was in Portland yesterday and decided to go to a lot of the local galleries. There was a lot of bad work in my opinion (no offence Portland), a bit disappointing, but I did find a great artist. Her name is Alexandra Becker-Black. She does great graphite drawings of nude people, especially women (way to be predictable Ashley...). I recognized her work and have seen it around, but seeing it in real life and putting a name to the work was great. Here is one of her pieces, and here are the two I did this month so far, (they're not done).
Deliverance:
beautiful....

2 comments:

  1. oh man that graphite artwork is great! I want to go check out her work now, wanna go to Portland together? :)
    also, your belly dancer drawing i wonderful! loove the shadows :D and congrats on colleges! can't wait to see where you end up girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Gah, so excited for art school! Yes, we should deffinetly go to Portland! And check out art! And check out her! And go to Saturday Market! And BALLOON PAINT!

    ReplyDelete