Monday, April 4, 2011

SFAI

So it's official, I'm going to SFAI. I was choosing among schools such as MICA, Pratt, CCA, Cal Art etc. but I came to the conclusion after talking to many artist and friends that yes, I am going to the school that stole my heart over this summer. There is no other answer. It is where I belong. I feel like a dork, but "I left my heart in San Francisco" and I'm going to school to get it back. I have felt somewhat empty since returning, yearning to be "home" again. I fought it and tried convincing me that all the prestigious schools on the east coast would be better for me, but I have decided that it isn't true. I'm going to San Francisco (and looking forward to seeing Natalie and all my friends that are already down there when I get back). I'm done fighting it. And it feels damn good.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley you will shine in San Francisco! I'm really happy for you. Following your gut will only benefit you later. Now, my favorite song about San Francisco that you can play from now until you leave to celebrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmyaDrAzq6o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Claire! And you will shine at Pratt! :)

    ReplyDelete