Sunday, March 13, 2011

March

Hey everyone! I feel like not much is really going on with me and art compared to usual, but I've made 4 facetted bowls and a coil vase this week and am going to start making 6 mugs. Yeah, I'm trying to do not nude women for once and try out some everyday stuff. And I'm pretty sure I am going to do one charcoal drawing and one prisma color pencil drawing for my concentration pieces this month. One of my friend hiding her chest, and the other of my belly dancing instructor (if she'll let me). I'm sure she will. She's so confident with her body and has inspired me so much! She was the first and only person to ever ask to buy one of my pieces. She has just been a great inspiration and belly dancing has been good therapy for, keeping me in touch with my body and always making me leave feeling beautiful. I thought I might mention a few of my favorite artist as well since I have been asked a few times recently. Right now I'd say some are: Jenny Saville, Egon Schiele, Lucian Freud, Ana Theresa Fernandez, David Park, and Marina Abramovic. Great work. A lot of this is pretty realistic work, but I also love abstract. I'm just waiting for the right time to start expressing my self with simply color and texture. Here is some of their work:

Ana Theresa Fernandez                                  Marina Abramovic
Egon Schiele                                                      Jenny Saville

Lucian Freud                                           David Park

No comments:

Post a Comment