Sunday, February 13, 2011

Currently...

Currently I am working on a charcoal piece, yes, charcoal, not oil pain...shocker! eh? Well, everyone seems to be hatin' on the oil paint, or at least the lack of diversity, so now I am going to use different mediums. Anyway, I kinda missed drawing. But now that I am drawing it is killing me inside to not be painting the luscious colors of the human flesh, but I think I can make it. I am also using the Barbie project to my advantage and am doing a photography piece self portrait comparing the Barbie and I. My concentration is turning in a different direction than expected. I'm not really sure if I'm happy about that, but apparently I need to show growth by trying new things (by doing thing I did before painting). Oh well, I think it will work out and my portfolio is already in. Oh! And I got merit scholarships from CCA, SFAI, and LCAD so far. So, just waiting to hear back from the others, but I would be happy going to any of those schools, the trouble is choosing. I'm so nervous! Gah! TTYL- Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I think the charcoal will be good for you, a good change from what you have been doing. Good luck with your scholarships!

    ReplyDelete